January 23, 2009

Impatient !!!!!

So Caleb and I were very anxious to find out the sex of our baby. Problem is, I'm only 15 weeks along and my next ultrasound would probably be around 20 -22 weeks. I could not wait that long! So Caleb, Regan, and I went down to Victorville Elite Diagnostic Imaging. We paid 40 dollars for a gender check! Before we went, I called and asked what the ideal age of the fetus is before you can tell the sex. She said between 22 and 28 weeks. I knew that was a crock, so I told her I would take my chances. I was so glad I got the same stenographer that had done my first ultrasound! Remember, it was when the Doctor could not find our peanuts' heart beat. It was cool to see how much the baby had grown! Right away it was evident that the sex was visible! The stenographer said this baby is a 150 % BOY. Yes, you heard me! Deep inside I felt it was a boy all along. But honestly, I'm really scared! I know nothing about boys and quite frankly, little boys scare me to death! I always picture those naughty little boys in sacrament meeting, screaming and giving their mothers a run for their money. I'm still am getting used to the whole idea, but I'm sure by the time he is here (it's really weird to say "he"), he will be loved very much. Regan saw me scanning the ultrasound pictures onto the computer and she said, "Baby brother." She will be a good big sister!
Our little boy would not hold still! After the ultrasound Caleb asked me if I could see him bouncing all around. I told him, "I feel him bouncing around." Later, Regan was just looking at the pictures that I copied to the computer and she said, "Baby Brother, I yike Baby brother! Cute." She's such a cutie!

In the picture above you can see the two hemisphere's of the brain. That's pretty cool. Even though he still looks like an alien, I'm sure he will be handsome. Only time will tell. Only 25 more weeks or 175 days until his birthday.

5 comments:

Ryan & Jennie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting that you are having a boy. I hope your pregnancy is going well.

Hagberg said...

Jess!!! Super Congrats!! I was just coming to your blog to ask you a question about wabas and I stumbled across this excellent news! I am so excited that I now will have someone to help me out with advice if I ever get to have a boy!! So cute, he is going to be a little stud muffin!! Your blog is so CUTE! I love the update! Seriously I can't stop picturing how cutr this little womanizer is gonna be, all preppy and cute!......so I really want a small puppy and have been doing some homework. My top two picks are the maltese and Bichon Frise,is wabas a maltese? I read that the bichon is suppost to be really good with kids! Have you had problems with her tearing...I don't remember seeing anything- but can you help me out! Thanks!! Chat with ya soon!

The Eccles said...

CONGRATS! I love boys! I have "trained" my boys...so no naughty boys at church...it can be done! That will give you hope. Boys and girls are SO different, I am glad you will have both! Boys are WAY more simple than girls and their "Feelings!" Let me know if you need any boy info...

Lindsay Brummer said...

Jessica, like I said... BOYS ARE SO FUN! I was freaked out when we found out we were having a boy... let me tell you, there is nothing cuter than that little man cuddling up next to you or trying to do everything that his daddy does. You will LOVE it. We are excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I grew up with only sisters, so I was a little nervous about having a boy too... especially after all the naughty stories Bo told me about his childhood! But now that he's here I am amazed at how much fun little boys are!