January 11, 2009

Happiest Place On Earth

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year as much as we are! A few days after Christmas, Caleb's parents came down for a visit. Regan was shy for about 5 minutes after their arrival and then got right back into her normal, "I love grandma and no one else," routine. I guess I can't blame her, she is really fun! I took on the roll of disciplinarian. Every time she did something she usually would get in trouble for, she would call out for grandma to save her from corner duty. While Stewart's were here, we went to Disneyland for the day. I was really excited because I had not been since the 7th grade! We prepped Regan by showing her pictures of the characters before hand so she was aware of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. We arrived at Disneyland right as the park opened. Every time we saw a picture of Mickey Mouse, we were notified by Regan. She excitedly screamed, "Mickey Mouse!" He was, as you know, all over the park so we heard this quite often! We took Regan on the Dumbo ride after checking in. At first, she was hesitant. But once she learned you get to push a button, she wanted to go again when the ride was over. She tried to get in another Dumbo seat. Caleb, Darrell, and I went on "Splash Mountain" which I had never been on. We also went on "Tower of Terror," which I loved! Then we went on "Soaring Over California." That was fun! Later we took Regan on the "Jungle Tour" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. Then we took her to the "Bugs Life" 3D experience where she had a lot of fun. Regan had a really fun time and we were glad we were able to go! We all had a great time!

The car ride to Disneyland. She is ready to go bright and early!

Here we are, at the happiest place on earth!

Regan, Caleb, and Donald Duck. She didn't like him very much.

"Jungle Cruise" ride with all the animals.
DUMBO!!!!!
We were lucky to get her to sit by them.
Waiting to go sit down for a "Bugs Life."

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Regan owning the "R" at California Adventure !!!!
Grandma, Regan, and Minnie Mouse!!!
MICKEY MOUSE !!!!!!

Regan finally crashed on the way home with her Mickey Mouse.

5 comments:

The Eccles said...

I am so glad you were able to have some fun! It is the happiest place on earth, I love the music and the feeling just walking down the streets at D-land. You are lucky to be able to still go on the rides.

Ryan & Jennie said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun! I still love going to Disneyland. That's where we went for part of our Honeymoon. I love your last picture! Regan looks happily exhausted.

Jamie Lynne Brummer said...

You guys are so cute! I hope you had fun! Regan's hair is so cute, especially with that ribbon, and your hair is cute too.

Amy said...

How fun. Regan looks pooped in the last photo. Poor thing.

Olive and Kaylee said...

I can't believe how big Reagan is. Looks like a fun trip!