July 3, 2008

BRINGING EVERYONE UP TO DATE

Hi everyone! I just wanted to bring everyone up to date. To start, Regan was born September 30, 2006. She weighed 7 pds 1 oz. We have had so much fun watching her grow up. She is now almost 2 years old! Gosh how time flies! Regan’s favorite things to do is to put our dog Wubbas in the cupboards, and get into my makeup drawer. So, she keeps me quite busy. Regan is learning how do so many things. She is almost making sentences, learning new words everyday.
Caleb applied to the California Highway Patrol and graduated from the CHP academy on April 18, 2008, after 6 long months of hell. His first office assignment is in Barstow, California. So, we moved from Gridley, to Apple Valley, California. He is almost done with his break-in and is doing very well. We miss being close to family, but the ward here in Apple Valley is really nice. The house we are renting is in a really nice neighborhood, and is so much better that renting an apartment. We love all the room.
We all know about the daily headaches I have been getting for the past 2 1/2 years, but recently I have tried a new preventative medicine. For the past month, the medicine has been helping a ton! I went from a headache all day, every day, to 2 a week. I'm now starting to enjoy life again and looking forward to each new day. I have signed up for an FDA study about migraines, PFO (patent foramen ovale), which is a hole in the heart they discovered, which may or may not be related to my migraines. Anyways, I should be having surgery to close the hole in late July. Hopefully they close it. I won't know for a year because it's a double blind study. Well, that will bring you up to date with what we have been up to for the last little while!
What can I say, Regan loves Wubbas. Maybe its a little too close for comfort. I don't think Wubbas wants to share a room. She crawled in just fine, but we had a hard time pulling her out!

Here is Regan at Grandma Stewart's, showing her artistic side. Regan has such sensitive skin, that when we took the stickers off, there was a red circle for a few hours wherever we put a sticker.

This was taken about a week ago, in our new house in Apple Valley. Regan is helping me make cookies and is tasting the batter to make sure they will turn out well. I don't really think she cares what they tasted like, because every time I would turn around to put more ingredients in, she would stick her hand in the bowl to snitch a piece.

Today I ventured out of my comfort bubble, giving Regan a spoon to feed herself for the first time instead of having to sit there and feed her. She didn't do too bad, but after i finished taping her, she dumped out her bowl of spaghettio's and then rubbed it into her tray.
This is Caleb's Graduation day from the CHP academy. He looked so serious. I hate the stupid hat. We paid 200 bucks for that thing. He will never wear it again, DUMB. This is right before he presents his badge to me to pin on.

Here I am pinning on his badge. It was such a good feeling to be able to pin on the badge, earned from the best law enforcement agency in the world. He worked so hard and graduated 13 out of a class of 130 cadets. "OOH RAH"

2 comments:

dstewart said...

Nice job on the blog. we enjoyed it!

dstewart said...

Nice job on the blog. Give Regan a hug from grandpa and wubbes too.