July 14, 2009

It's About Time !

He is finally here and we are so glad he is! Beck Owen Stewart was born July 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM, weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces, and was 19 3/4 inches long. Caleb and I went to the hospital at 7Am that morning to be induced but the labor and delivery were really busy. So, we were shuffled around until about 3 pm when I was induced. Sorry if this is too detailed, but I was already 4 cm. They first gave me an epidural, then broke my water (which had (miconium) baby poop in it), and started pitocen. I had a student put in my epidural and lets just say I wont be doing that again! He had to do it 3 times! Then the Doctor supervising took over which after all of that, my epidural still wore off at the very end. So, I could feel everything. It was great! After about 5 hours of contractions, I was not quite dilated to 10. They were going to give me an hour and then I would have to have a C-section. Five minutes before they were going to take me in for C-section surgery, I was able to push his head down and have a nice painful natural birth. I pushed for about 15 minutes and then Beck was here! They took him over and suctioned all of the poop out of him. That took about 20 minutes before we even got to hold him. Caleb went and checked on Beck while in the mean time, they had alot of trouble stopping the bleeding. I didn't really get to see or hold him for like an hour after he was born. The whole night he didn't even cry unlike the baby next to us in the shared room that cried all night. We finally were discharged and are loving the time at home. Regan is such a good big sister and tries to feed him food from her play kitchen. Beck is doing well and has a great temperament so far, he hardly ever cries. We feel so blessed have such a sweet spirit in our home. It has been so nice having Caleb home, he is such a good dad and I have enjoyed seeing him help take care of Beck. He is so loving towards Beck and Regan. He is a great dad and I feel so blessed. Now, here are the so long awaited pictures!
Waiting for the fun to start!
Cheese!

He needs a manicure.

All covered in baby poop, but still cute as ever!
Getting ready to go home!

Leaving my shared room with a fussy roommate.

Lets hit the road!

Before

After 20 pounds in 3 days, not too bad!

3 comments:

Michelene said...

Congratulations, we are very excited for your family!! That's to bad it was such a hard delivery, but thank goodness he's here and healthy.

The Eccles said...

Yea! You look awesome Jess!
CONGRATS! He is really beautiful(handsome!)I love the birth story...keeps life interesting. (I hope he stays well tempered) Have fun with your lil' family!

Erin_C said...

yay for baby Beck! I'm glad he's here! And I really like his name. Good choice;-)